Media Consumtion

My media consumption


I spend approximately 10 hours a week of television, I usually watch alone, however, I would prefer to watch with other people, as it can make it more interesting. I normally watch television at night just before I fall asleep and often fall asleep watching. I enjoy watching popular TV shows and often end up watching seasons in a day once I once my attention has been grasped. I hardly ever watch live TV and almost always watch catch up tv on websites, such as Netflix.

I occasionally listen to the radio when I am in the car but normally play my own music in the car. When I do listen to the radio I enjoy listening to Capital Extra. I spend approximately an hour a week listening to the radio. I normally listen to the radio at different times of the day, however, I enjoy listening to music mainly at night.

I have gone to the cinema to "IT' three times in the last month and am hoping to go to see "Kingsman 2" sometime in the near future as it has recently come out, I enjoyed the first one and have been told that it is a good movie. I have recently watched an older film called "Shawshank Redemption", as someone recommended that I watch it, although it was an older film then I would normally watch, I enjoyed the movie. When I went to the cinema, I went with my friends twice and once with my family. The first time I recommended that we watch the film, however the other times I was convinced into going. I typically watch films on my laptop or my phone.

I have access the internet 24 hours a day and am generally always connected to the internet, whether it be on my phone, my laptop or a tablet. I access the internet wherever I go due to mobile data, however, consume the most internet at home. The main sites that I access are Youtube, Netflix and generally, the rest is used on social media. The main reasons I access the internet is for entertainment and to communicate with friends. My primary device for access to the internet is my phone. The main social networking sites which I  use are; Snapchat, Instagram and Whatsapp. I belong to these sites because they are sites which everyone uses and I enjoy using them as I can interact with my friends.

I could develop the amount of variety in the media I watch by perhaps watching more news, I will change my media consumption due to a result of studying a level media by watching more news are reading more news articles so that I can keep up with the relevancy of things and improve the range of what I view. BBC NEWS, The Sun News, Suits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Representation

Audeince Theory

Audience Theory 2