Learner Response Assessment

1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW: Fairly clear writing, focused on the question.

EBI: Use paragraphs, revise theory - especially genre theory for Q3, including quotes and examples.

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.

- Questions 1- Use Barthe and Propp and examples from theory.


- Question 2- Use media terminology and examples.


- Question 3- Not enough knowledge of theories or use of examples.



- Question 4- Go into the details of the poster and analyse specifics and use theories.

3) Read this exemplar response from one of the Y12s (one of the best, which is a strong B grade). Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.

- Question 1 - Could be written in more detail about Barthe's theory.

- Question 2 - Could have used more comparisons and connotations.

- Question 3 - Consumers are the main focus for this question , however they could have considered and included other perspectives such as the producers.

- Question 4 - Simply explain a key theory and write about it in more detail with included examples from the source.

4) Did you get any media terminology or theory wrong in the assessment? Make a note of it here for future revision, including theories/terminology that you could have used but didn't.

I did not mix up any of the terminology or theory during my assessment, however in general it was lacking in the amount of terminology and theory actually included withing my answers. I think that mixing up my theories and terminology is not an issue at the moment, however actually knowing the terminology so that I am able to use it in the correct place would be a key thing for me to do. 


5) Identify your strongest question. Why did you do better on this question?

Question one was my strongest question and I believe that i did better in this question, because I allowed myself the most time for this question so I was able to write in detail about the question, where as for the other questions I must not have allowed myself as much time due to taking more time on the first question, therefore I must have been pressed for time for the other questions.

6) Identify your weakest question. Why did you score lower on this particular task?

My weakest question was question 3, which is the second to last question and as I have mentioned in the question above I believe that i had allowed myself too much time on the first few questions and hadn't been sticking by the guidelines of the timings so i was much more pressed to write this response in a short amount of time, therefore not being able to answer this question to the best of my ability.

7) Re-write your weakest answer in full. Use the mark scheme to identify anticipated content you can add to your response and make sure your typed re-draft is a top-level answer.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Representation

Audeince Theory

Ideology - Final Tasks MM52